Having a full, healthy smile doesn’t just affect your appearance—it’s also extremely important for your physical and oral health as well.
Missing teeth can affect your ability to speak and eat. It affects your jawbone, which will begin to deteriorate without a tooth root stimulating and supporting it. Beyond this, missing teeth can affect your self-confidence if you often feel the need to hide your smile.
To combat the many issues that come with gaps in your smile or multiple missing teeth, we offer implant-supported dentures at Chase Inspired Dentistry in Draper.
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are the long-lasting dental restoration method that looks and feels just like natural teeth. They can be removable, like traditional dentures, or permanent for a smile that feels and functions like natural.
Whatever option you choose, they offer more support and stability than what you would enjoy with traditional dentures held in place with only dental adhesive.
Implant Dentures vs. Traditional Dentures
Both traditional dentures and implant-supported dentures are solutions to the issue of needing multiple or all of your teeth replaced. Each provides you with a restored smile and the ability to chew food and communicate fully again.
Traditional dentures have been around a while and have helped many patients, but they have their flaws. Implant-supported dentures, on the other hand, are a newer restorative option, but they have been proven to provide all sorts of benefits you wouldn’t be able to enjoy with traditional dentures.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
Some of the benefits of implant dentures include the following:
- Improved Speech: Talk again with ease and confidence that your dentures won’t fall out of place thanks to your implant-supported dentures.
- Greater Biting Force: Enjoy the ability to chew and eat all your favorite foods—including the tough or sticky ones that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to have with traditional dentures.
- No Adhesive Needed: Implant dentures are supported by sturdy titanium posts placed directly in your jawbone. This means they fit securely, and they won’t slip or slide out of place if your denture adhesive wears out too soon.
- Function Like Natural Teeth: Because they’re held in place more firmly, these types of dentures will be able to function more like regular, normal teeth. You can even brush and floss them just like natural teeth.
- Preserves Gum and Bone Tissues: Without the roots of your teeth supporting and stimulating your jawbone, the jawbone will shrink down from lack of use. The dental implants that support your implant dentures also act as tooth roots in your jawbone to promote bone growth, facial structure support, and jawbone stimulation.
Implant-supported dentures can offer all these benefits and more, depending on your individual situation. Call us today to find out how they can help you!
Do you want to improve your smile? Do you have a dental concern?
Our online consults haven’t stopped! We are working hard to make sure your dental needs don’t have to wait! Connect with us today and get all of your questions answered for free in three easy steps.
Upload a smile photo or area of concern.
We will create a personalized video with recommendations.
View your video and schedule an appointment.
Procedure for Implant-Supported Dentures
Placing long-lasting custom implant-supported dentures is a process that takes about five months to completely heal from.
- You’ll first have an initial exam during which impressions of your mouth and x-rays will be taken.
- Following that, you’ll have your implant placement surgery with a trusted dental surgeon in a different office. The implants will be inserted into your jawbone, and abutments will be placed on top of the implants next to secure the dentures.
- During that time, we’ll custom-craft your dentures to match your smile.
- The last step is to have your prosthetic teeth fitted to your implants.
After all is said and done, you’ll have strong new teeth and a full smile to share with your friends and family!
Implant-Supported Dentures Cost
A restorative procedure such as this is really an investment in your overall quality of life. Implant-supported dentures can give you a full, strong smile that allows you to eat, speak, and laugh in confidence again!
That being said, the ultimate price of your implant-supported dentures will depend on a number of factors: the style of dentures you want, if you need full or partial dentures, and whether you need a bone graft in your jaw to support the implants in the first place.
When you come in to Chase Inspired Dentistry for your dentures consultation, we can walk you through the details of your individual case and the final price.
Learn More About Implant-Supported Dentures Today from Chase Inspired Dentistry
Call or contact our office in Draper, UT, today with any questions about implant-supported dentures, our prices, or if you qualify for this restorative treatment. We’re looking forward to answering your questions and helping you on your way to a stronger, fully restored smile!