Laser Dentistry in Draper
The history of dentistry is long, varied, and often full of questionable and scary methods that has given dentistry a bad rap over the years. At Chase Inspired Dentistry, we understand these thoughts, so we do everything in our power to make your experience with us here as comfortable as it can be—from our environment and staff to our amazing dental technology.
One of our mantras here is, “excellence is our only option.” That means excellence in all areas of our practice, from how you feel coming in to see us to how you feel when you finish up your appointment. To this end, we provide a warm, welcoming environment, a friendly dental team, and excellent dental technology.
One service we’re especially excited to offer is our laser dentistry! Laser dentistry is a modern marvel that all but eliminates the need for sharp dental tools and even anesthesia. It instead offers a more sanitary, sterile method of cleaning teeth, reshaping gums and soft tissues, and much more!
What Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry uses a light-based dental laser on treatments rather than traditional metal dental tools. This method is particularly useful for oral surgeries and soft tissue treatments.
It is an advanced technique and practice that not every dentist is able to offer their patients. This is why we’re very pleased to offer laser dentistry here at Chase Inspired Dentistry.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Lasers in dentistry are immensely useful to both the dentist using them and the patients they are used on. Take a look at some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when you go with laser dentistry treatment:
- Faster Healing Time: Lasers don’t involve cutting into any tissue, and they also help to clean and seal up any area they do need to treat. This means it doesn’t take as long to heal from a procedure done with a laser as opposed to traditional tools.
- Sterile: Despite the best cleaning methods of traditional tools, you always have the risk of a small bacterial infection with metal tools. Lasers, on the other hand, are completely sterile—using only light and heat to clean and treat any area.
- Less Bleeding: Dental lasers cauterize the area they’re being used on as they go, so you won’t experience the same amounts of bleeding following a treatment with a laser as you would with traditional techniques.
- Less Pain: Lasers are precision instruments, so many procedures will be done faster and with less discomfort to you than previously experienced with sharp metal tools.
- Less Need for Anesthetic: When used expertly, a dental laser can take care of issues without causing the kind of pain you would normally need anesthetic for. Of course, dental sedation is still available for those who might be anxious.
- Precision: Lasers can treat and clean an infected area directly without extra complicated steps, so you can get treatments taken care of faster and easier with dental lasers.
Do you want to improve your smile? Do you have a dental concern?
Our online consults haven’t stopped! We are working hard to make sure your dental needs don’t have to wait! Connect with us today and get all of your questions answered for free in three easy steps.
Upload a smile photo or area of concern.
We will create a personalized video with recommendations.
View your video and schedule an appointment.
Uses of Lasers in Dentistry
Dental lasers were first invented in the mid-1900s, but it took quite a few years to create the perfect laser for dental work as practitioners had to work out the details to make them as safe and effective as possible.
Today, there are actually many different types of dental lasers, and research and development is continually ongoing to provide you with the best and latest in dental laser technology.
Lasers can do a great many things in dentistry, including procedures and treatments like:
- Reshaping Gummy Smiles.
- Removal of Tooth Decay.
- Treatment for Gum Disease.
- Teeth Whitening.
- Removing Tissues for Sleep Apnea Treatment.
- Crown Lengthening.
- Repairing Soft Tissue Defects.
We’re proud to be able to offer this treatment to our patients here in Draper, Utah. Come in for a consultation to see how laser dentistry can make a positive difference in your dental care!
Laser Dentistry With Chase Inspired Dentistry
Call or contact our office today with any questions regarding laser dentistry. Our team is looking forward to answering your questions and to helping you achieve your perfect smile with our laser dentistry treatments!